A sore throat can cause symptoms such as burning in the throat, dry and irritative cough and difficulty swallowing and can be caused by prolonged exposure to cold or illnesses like flu or tonsillitis.
The inflamed throat can be treated with home remedies such as gargling with warm water and salt, however, if inflammation and pain do not go away and notice the presence of pus in the throat, it is important to see a doctor and start treatment that can be made with inflamed throat remedies, such as Ibuprofen, or antibiotics such as penicillin.
What to do to heal a sore throat
Initially you should avoid straining and rest for 3 days if there is a fever: when there is a fever, the throat is infected, so it is important not to go to work or go to school in the case of children, in order to increase the defenses of the body and treat inflammation and sore throat.
- Gargle with warm water and salt: it has antimicrobial properties that help to eliminate the microorganisms of the throat, diminishing the symptoms;
- Take lemon tea with honey and ginger 2 times a day: it has antibacterial properties and is rich in vitamin C, which strengthens the body’s natural defenses. To make tea, simply add the 1 cup boiling water 1 sliced lemon and 1 cm ginger, waiting about 15 minutes. Next, strain and sweeten with honey.
- Take mauve, salvia tea: they have anti-inflammatory properties and lubricate the throat, relieving the symptoms. To make the tea just add 1 tablespoon of the chosen herb in 1 cup of boiling water;
- Taking Strawberry Vitamin with Honey: Strawberry has vitamin C that helps boost the body’s defenses and honey lubricates the throat, helping to reduce pain and inflammation. To make this vitamin one should hit the blender 1 glass of milk and 6 strawberries, then add 1 tablespoon of honey.
In relation to what to eat for inflamed throat should be preferred to liquid and pasty foods, such as soups, broths or fruit puree, avoid drinking cold foods, which reduces pain and discomfort when swallowing.
Symptoms of a sore throat
Symptoms of a sore throat include:
- Throat discomfort;
- A dry and irritating cough;
- A sore throat when swallowing or speaking;
- Very red and swollen throat;
- Fever below 38.3 ° C if there is a throat infection by a virus;
- High fever, greater than 38.3ºC, if the infection is bacterial;
- Bad breath and throats in the neck;
A sore throat can be caused by flu, cold, tonsillitis, laryngitis or pharyngitis. Other possible causes of a sore throat may be throat irritation from inhalation of toxic substances, overconsumption of alcoholic beverages or reflux of food into the throat.
Generally, with the inflamed throat remedies prescribed by the doctor and these home measures, the inflammation of the throat passes in 3 days.